Train in Your Dental Practice
Partnering with Us
Become an efDA Training, LLC
Recognized Clinical Dentist
These online course(s) provide a means for the employed dental assistant to become credentialed, in specific expanded functions, through their employer.
HOW DO I BECOME A PARTNER WITH EFDA TRAINING?
- The participating dentist is Florida licensed with one year experience in practice.
- The dentist cannot have had his/her professional license revoked, suspended, or otherwise acted against, in Florida or in another jurisdiction.
- Facilities and equipment for each course in which patients are treated during instruction shall be adequate for the subject matter and method of instruction. All patients who are treated during instruction be supervised by the dentist pursuant to Chapter 466, F.S.
HOW EASY IS IT TO DEVELOP MY EXPANDED FUNCTION COURSE(S)?
- When you LOG IN the online "Build Your Own Course" form is located in your individual eLearning portal.
- It only takes a minute to complete the form and submit. Just click on the skills that are relevant to your dental practice.
- We will develop your course(s) within 3 to 5 days.
- Each time you LOG IN your individual course(s) will be available to review the course description for content and to register your dental assistant.
ONCE MY COURSE(S) ARE DEVELOPED WHAT ACCESS DO I HAVE EACH TIME I LOG IN?
- The Build Your Own Course Form.
- Your developed course(s) with course descriptions, once submitted.
- Ability to register and pay the tuition for your dental assistant by using his/her e-mail address and password.
- Once you register your assistant you will receive a verification e-mail and your course information is automatically sent to your dental assistant to begin the course. Your Dental Assistant has access to your course 24.7.
- You will always have a log for all the dental assistants taking your course.
- Your course(s) will remain a part of the eLearning portal for future registration and will be in your name or practice.
Dr. Scott Kirby and Dr. Cooper Kirby In Office Expanded Function Certification Course
Seaside Smiles In Office Radiography Certification Course
Dr. Greg Dooley In Office N2O Monitoring Course
- The Dental Assistant Completion Form.
Once the dental assistant completes the online materials and achieves competency in each skill the dentist will complete/submit the online dental assisting completion form.
CAN MY OFFICE MANAGER LOG IN TO REGISTER AND/OR MONITOR MY DENTAL ASSISTANTS?
YES. The only time the dentist needs to "LOG IN" is to submit the online "Completion Form".
HOW DO YOUR COURSES HELP MY DENTAL ASSISTANT LEARN THE MATERIALS?
After each lecture an examination is required. The examination is a learning tool. If the dental assistant misses a question they are redirected to answer correctly always scoring 100%.
WILL YOU WORK WITH MY DENTAL ASSISTANT TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE COURSE MATERIALS?
Your dental assistant will have access to the lectures, videos, and examinations 24.7.
Once registered your dental assistant will receive a verification e-mail and sequence to begin the course information. I will keep in touch with your dental assistant with weekly Progress Reports.
ONCE I REGISTER MY DENTAL ASSISTANT FOR A COURSE CAN YOU KEEP ME UPDATED WITH PROGRESS REPORTS?
YES. I will work with your dental assistant to complete the online materials and will keep both you, your office manager (if so desired) and your dental assistant updated with weekly Progress Reports.
HOW DO I RECEIVE MY DENTAL ASSISTANT’S EXPANDED FUNCTION CERTIFICATE?
- Once the online materials have been completed and you have trained your dental assistant to clinical competency in each skill just "LOG IN" and the online Dental Assisting Completion form is located in your individual eLearning portal.
It only take a few minutes to complete and submit.
- In five to seven days you will receive the dental assistant's Florida Board of Dentistry approved Expanded Function Certificate listing each skill certified.
IS THERE A TIME LIMIT TO COMPLETE THE COURSE?
IF I HAVE A NEW EMPLOYEE CAN YOU INCLUDE LECTURES FOR DENTAL ANATOMY, INFECTION CONTROL, RESTORATIVE AND SPECIALTY PROCEDURES, ONLY?
YES. With the exception of the restorative and specialty procedures lectures the other content areas include examinations, which help the dental assistant to learn the materials. If they miss a questions they will be redirected to answer correctly.
WHEN CAN A NEW EMPLOYEE BEGIN TRAINING AS AN EXPANDED FUNCTION DENTAL ASSISTANT?
Immediately. You have the option to having levels of training according to the experience of your staff.
FOR EMPLOYEES NEW TO THE FIELD WHAT SUGGESTIONS DO YOU HAVE FOR TRAINING CONTENT?
Dental Anatomy AND Anatomical Landmarks; Infection Control, Infectious Diseases, Disinfection AND Sterilization; (both these topic areas contain an exam)
Medical History Terms; Office Emergencies; Communication Techniques; and Preventive and Restorative Procedures. (these areas have content with no exam)
You have the option to include your office policies.
CAN YOU INCLUDE MY OFFICE POLICIES OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS I WOULD LIKE MY STAFF TO REVIEW?
YES. Just e-mail your documents to us in a PDF version. I can either include your policies in your expanded function course(s) or I can develop a separate course.
What's great about this is the dentist will have a record of employees that registered and completed your course in our eLearning portal.
You have access to this information each time you LOG IN.
IF I WANT TO CROSS TRAIN MY RECEPTIONIST TO TAKE RADIOGRAPHS CAN YOU DEVELOP
- YES. Our Radiography course is the same for all staff members. Everyone in your practice will be trained at the same level.
CAN MY DENTAL ASSISTANT COME TO YOU FOR TRAINING AND CREDENTIALING?
- Yes. We train at our Stuart, FL location using manikins to teach each skill.
- We offer training for any or all expanded functions for the State of Florida.
Our faculty/student ratio is 1:1 or 1:2.
- We work with the assistant to complete the online materials prior to the training date.
- At the completion of the online materials and hands on training the dental assistant will receive their expanded function certificate listing each skill certified
DO YOU HAVE A DENTAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM THAT CAN TRAIN MY NEW DENTAL ASSISTANT?
- Yes. Your dental assistant would attend five (5) training dates on a Friday or Saturday. We provide the training dates and schedule, prior to registration.
- We have a program beginning every other month.
- Your dental assistant will become credentialed in every expanded function for the State of Florida.
Content includes, but not limited to:
Dental Anatomy; Disinfection and Sterilization; Computer Usage; Instrument Transfer; Mixing Materials; Florida Law;
General and Specialty Dental Procedures;
Fabrication of Provisional Restorations (5 skills Preventive and Restorative Expanded Functions (12 skills);
Nitrous Oxide Monitoring; and
Orthodontic Expanded Functions (6 skills)
- During this time you can work with your dental assistant to achieve clinical competence.
- At the end of the training date your dental assistant will be credentialed in every expanded function for the State of Florida.
- You dental assistant will receive the expanded function certificate listing each skill certified.
EFDA TRAINING, LLC PROVIDES THE MOST EFFICIENT TRAINING OPTIONS AND REASONABLE TUITION FOR TRAINING DENTAL ASSISTANTS. TUITION IS DEPENDENT ON CONTENT. WHAT IS THE TUITION?
Tuition is dependent on the content per course. To give the dental practice an idea for tuition, if the course includes every expanded function for the State of Florida the tuition is $525.00.
FABRICATION OF PROVISIONAL RESTORATIONS
(INCLUDES 5 SKILLS)
PREVENTIVE AND RESTORATIVE EXPANDED FUNCTIONS (INCLUDES 12 SKILLS)
ORTHODONTIC EXPANDED FUNCTIONS (12 SKILLS)
COURSES INCLUDE DENTAL ANATOMY; INFECTION CONTROL; DISINFECTION/STERILIZATION; AND FLORIDA LAW PERTAINING TO DELEGATION OF EACH SKILL
The tuition decreases as the expanded function skills decrease.
IS THERE A CHARGE TO DEVELOP A COURSE(S)?
NO. We work with the practice to develop any type of course which enhances the skills for the dental staff.